Summer holidays at the Oceanographic Museum
Programme from 03 July to 03 September 2023
During the school holidays, the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco is taking you on a polar adventure. Visitors are invited to put themselves in the shoes of a reporter and discover the North and South Poles through 5 themed areas, including the not-to-be-missed "Immersion" room and its interactive projections. The journey continues with the "Poles, Fragile Worlds" photographic exhibition: visitors will also be transported to the polar regions thanks to emblematic photographs captured by Greg Lecoeur. Groups can also enjoy an unusual experience in our Escape Game room dedicated to Prince Albert I and the discovery of oceanography. And for budding explorers, Club Oceano welcomes them from Monday to Friday for a course in discovering the marine world!
-20% off admission tickets (adults + children) bought online at www.oceano.org for admission before 11am or after 5pm!
*Visit the Oceanographic Museum and discover the aquariums and permanent exhibitions and the new exhibition POLAR MISSION in the morning or at the end of the day and benefit from a 20% discount on adult and child tickets purchased online at www.oceano.org for admission before 11am or after 5pm. Offer valid subject to availability from Monday 10 July to Sunday 27 August 2023.
- Polar Mission: Step into the shoes of a reporter for the duration of your visit and set off on a mission to the heart of the polar worlds at the Oceanographic Museum. 5 new themed areas have taken over the Museum. The iconic IMMERSION room takes you to the poles, where you can interact with bears, belugas, and penguins in 6 different scenarios. The exhibition is included with admission to the Oceanographic Museum. More info here: musee.oceano.org/le-parcours-mission-polaire
- "The Poles, Fragile Worlds" an exhibition by Greg Lecoeur. From 3 July to 31 August 2023, Cannes, Marseille Saint-Charles, Nice and Paris Gare de Lyon are hosting "The Poles, Fragile Worlds" photographic exhibition, by Greg Lecoeur & Oceano Monaco. Echoing his exhibition "Polar Mission" at the Oceanographic Museum from 1 July to 5 November. This exhibition will be the finale of the "Poles, Fragile Worlds" tour. The exhibition is included with admission to the Oceanographic Museum
- Animals of the seaside: Experience a magical encounter with the animals of the Mediterranean coast with your family or friends in our educational room, reserved just for you! Duration: 30 minutes. Times: every day from 10:30 to 18:00. Location: Meeting point in the Entrance Hall (level 0) at the Activities Desk. Price: €38 / family (offer limited to 6 people). More info: musee.oceano.org/activites/animaux-du-bord-de-mer
- Escape Game: Take a trip back in time with your family or friends aboard the Princess Alice II, Prince Albert I's famous laboratory ship! Duration: 30 min (Discovery Escape) or 60 min (Experience Escape). Times: every day from 11:00 to 18:00. Location: Meeting point in the Entrance Hall (level 0) at the Events Reception. Information and booking: musee.oceano.org/activites/escape-game
- Immerseave 360°: Using virtual reality helmets, explore the marine world and meet the most mythical species through two films. Duration: 30 min (2 films). Times: every day from 11:15 to 17:15. Location: Meeting point in the Entrance Hall (level 0) at the Activities Desk. Price: €8 / person (over 12s) or €28 / family (2 adults + 2 children). More info: musee.oceano.org/activites/immerseave-360
- Polar Mission Family Booklet: With the "Polar Mission" family booklet and its 10 pages of games, children will love wandering the aisles of the Oceanographic Museum. Price: €3. Booklets on sale: at the ticket office (available in French and English)
During the school holidays, Club Oceano welcomes your children for a whole week in the magical setting of the Oceanographic Museum! Surrounded by an educational team, your young explorers will take part in a wide range of games and activities all about the oceans and the animals that inhabit them. This discovery course is the ideal opportunity to awaken your children's curiosity, reinforce their thirst for discovery and spark future passions and vocations.
Duration: Monday to Friday
Timetable: from 9:00 am to 05:00 pm
Price: €375 / child
Age: 6-8 years and 9-12 years
Information and bookings: musee.oceano.org/activites/club-oceano
Purchase your ticket for the Oceanographic Museum using the MONAPASS app.
This allows you to receive your ticket electronically and enter the Museum directly without going through the ticket offices.
The app also gives you real-time information on nearby transport links (bus timetables, available Monabike bicycles, on-street parking) and other information on what's on offer at cultural and leisure venues, so you can plan your day out in the Principality.
Further information: www.monapass.mc