Understanding the process
To form an association in Monaco, you must send the General Secretariat of the Government a declaration signed by at least two adults who have full rights as citizens and are domiciled in the Principality.
Download the Guide to Associations, which is aimed at association managers to promote understanding of and compliance with the applicable legal provisions and the principles of good conduct:
You must send two copies of the statutes, initialled on every page and signed by the founders of the association.
You can use this example as a guide:
This example is for indicative purposes only. It cannot be used as a form to complete but may be reproduced and modified to suit the needs of the association's founders. The drafting advice in italics must not be included in the text of the statutes. The legal waiver notice, also in italics, can also be adapted if necessary.
You must send:
- A letter stating
- The date
- The name of the association
- The aim of the association
- The address of the association's headquarters
- Two copies of the statutes of the association, initialled on every page and signed by the applicants
- A list of the people in charge of the administration or management of the association stating their surnames, first names, occupation, nationality and domicile
The application must be sent by registered letter requesting confirmation of receipt to the:
Secrétariat Général du Gouvernement
Place de la Visitation
Once we have received the receipt for your declaration and the copy of the articles of association signed and dated by the Ministry of Interior, you must send a copy of the receipt and the accompanying letter to the Journal de Monaco.
- You can send it via email to the following address email@example.com
- Or by post to the address below :
Place de la Visitation
MC 98000 MONACO
To obtain a Statistical Identification Number, download and complete the form below:
Then compile the following documents:
- The "declaration of registration for Statistical Identification Number" form, duly completed and signed
- A photocopy of the authorisation or declaration receipt published in the Journal de Monaco
- A copy of the Monaco identity card or the residence permit of the Chairman of the organisation
Once you have all compiled all these documents, you must send them to the Business Development Agency to:
- The following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post or by hand to the following address: 9, rue du gabian 98000 Monaco (2nd floor)
Once your application has been processed, and your association has been registered, the Business Development Agency will notify the Monegasque Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies (IMSEE), who will forward your certificate, bearing your NIS number, to you by email.
- If you organise more than six charity/support events a year, or if you run a bar/refreshment stall, you must make a "déclaration de commencer" (declaration of commencement) of an activity to the Direction des Services Fiscaux (Department of Tax Services) - Division Taxes - 57, rue Grimaldi à Monaco - Tel: (+377) 98 98 81 21
- If you wish to employ salaried staff, you must register within three days of the date of recruitment with the Direction du Travail - Service de l'emploi –(Department of Employment - Employment Office) - 17, rue Princesse Florestine à Monaco - Tel: (+377) 98 98 80 00, who will issue the necessary forms and forward them to the Employers' Monitoring Department of Monaco Social Security Funds; they will then register you and send you your personal affiliation number
You will also need your NIS certificate if you wish to:
- Obtain a telephone line from Monaco Telecom - 9, rue du gabian 98000 Monaco - Tel: (+377) 99 66 33 00
- Take out an electricity supply contract with SMEG - 10, av. de Fontvieille 98000 Monaco - Tel: (+377) 92 05 05 00
- Open a bank account with a financial institution
- Collect your registered post from the Post Office