Understanding the process
An adapted school timetable to accommodate intensive sports training is available in state schools and private schools operating under contract in the Principality, to pupils from Year 7 (6ème) to Year 12 (1ère) who take part in a minimum of eight hours of sport per week through a Monegasque sporting association. This is to enable such pupils to combine their academic studies and intensive training in their sport under the best possible conditions.
Enrolment for an adapted timetable is conditional on:
- Successful sporting performance (level, detailed results from previous year, anticipated competition schedule during the academic year, etc.)
- Intensive sports training through a Monegasque sporting association involving at least eight hours per week, excluding competitions and weekend training
Pupils enrolled for the adapted timetable will be exempted from some subjects, as follows:
- Years 7 and 8 (6ème and 5ème)
- Exemption from physical education and swimming lessons (lifesaving classes in Year 8)
- Years 9 and 10 (4ème and 3ème)
- Exemption from the fortnightly "Sport quinzaine" session
- Attendance at weekly physical education classes is still required
- Continued swimming lessons in year 10
- Exemption from art and music classes
- Years 11 and 12 (2nde and 1ère)
- Exemption from physical education and swimming lessons
- No exemptions will apply in Year 13 (Terminale)
In light of the number of applications and departmental constraints (setting up classes, timetabling), the Department of Education, Youth and Sport may have to make a decision on which applications can be approved.
Any changes in circumstances or problems with behaviour relating to a pupil must be reported to the Department of Education, Youth and Sport immediately so that the pupil may, if required, be reintegrated into the standard school curriculum as soon as possible.
Applications for enrolment in an adapted timetable to accommodate intensive sports training must be resubmitted every year in May.
Any application which is incomplete or not submitted on time will not be considered.
You can apply for enrolment in an adapted timetable to accommodate intensive sports training, from Monday 13 March to Tuesday 2 May 2023, by clicking the following link.
It is mandatory to attach to your application the "attestation club" that you can download right below :
The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 2 May 2023.
You will receive an email acknowledgement that the application has been registered.
- The paper forms (information form and club certificate) can be collected from the Direction de l'Education Nationale, de la Jeunesse et des Sports, from 13 March
- They must be returned by post (until 2 May 2023 inclusive)
- A reply will be sent to you by post, indicating whether or not the application has been accepted
You can apply for enrolment in an intensive sport class from Monday 13 March to Tuesday 2 May 2023 inclusive using the dedicated online service.
You must attach the club certificate (downloadable below) to this online application.
The deadline for submission of the application is Tuesday 2 May 2023. You will receive an acknowledgement of registration by email.
The request for enrolment in a class with special timetables for intensive sports is conditional on a request for a school exemption.
This request for a school exemption must be sent to the Direction de l'Education Nationale, de la Jeunesse et des Sports before 15 June 2023.