Understanding the process
The social unemployment allowance can be paid to anyone:
- Of Monegasque nationality
- Over 18 years of age
- No work activity
- Who has exhausted their entitlement to unemployment benefit and public assistance paid by the Department of Employment, or who is not entitled to this support
- Who is receiving social and educational support from the Department of Social Welfare and Social Services
The amount paid is determined on the basis of means testing, and a supplement is paid for dependant children.
Recipients of the Minimum Income may claim state medical assistance if they are not covered by a Monegasque or foreign social security fund.
Recipients may also be entitled to subsidiary compensatory family allowance.
To collate your application for the Minimum Income, please gather the documents listed below:
- A copy of the applicant’s identity card
- Applicant’s family civil status form or a copy of family record booklet
- A statement showing the amount of funds of any kind received by each member of the household over the past twelve months or a sworn declaration from each member of the household stating that they have no funds
- A copy of any proof of funds, such as a bank statement for income and investments
- Bank account or post office bank account details for each recipient in a single household
To be eligible for this allowance you must:
- Contact the Department of Social Welfare and Social Services (DASO) on 98 98 41 00
- Make an appointment with the Financial Social Support Office
- Complete an application for assistance using the relevant form which will be provided during an earlier appointment with the requested supporting documents
The allowance is paid monthly in arrears from the month following the application.