Some advice for enjoying the beach while respecting the environment.
- Use alternative forms of transport (such as bikes, buses, walking, etc.) to travel to the beach.
- Don't bury any waste in the sand: use the litter bins provided.
- Use a water flask rather than a plastic water bottle.
- Use the ashtrays that have been made available free of charge by Monaco City Hall as part of the clean beach campaign. A cigarette end can take up to 5 years to degrade.
- Use a sun cream or sun lotion rather than sun oil, which forms a film on the surface of the water, reducing photosynthesis that is essential for life.
- Choose organic sun products with no harmful or toxic effects for people and the environment.