Understanding the process
The housing allowance is a benefit intended for currently working civil servants and other Government and Commune officials
It aims to cover some of the expenses required for housing.
The housing allowance is intended for civil servants and other Government and Commune officials on the condition that the household is covered by State Medical Benefits Office and family allowances.
It is granted based on your main place of residence which must be located on Monegasque territory.
Conditions for the allocation of this allowance above all take the following into account:
- The composition of the family who lives in the household
- The household income
Payment is made monthly or quarterly, depending on the frequency of the rent payment which is proven using a copy of the rent receipt.
It is noteworthy that each june, an original receipt must be provided by the beneficiaries.
If you are single
- Individual certificate of civil status or an extract from a birth certificate.
If you are a couple or a family
- A family certificate of civil status or a photocopy of your family record booklet
The following documents must be provided for each individual living in the household.
- A certificate proving the salaries, compensation, bonuses, in-kind benefits, paid leave...To be provided by the employer of each individual living in the household
Social welfare benefits
You must ask the bodies who paid you these benefits over the last twelve months to provide you with a certificate specifying the total amount of family benefits:
- Retirement, annuities, pensions
- ASSEDIC allowances
- Public unemployment allowances
- Subsistence allowances
- Social benefits and half pay (health insurance, maternity, work accident, occupational disease)
- You must declare any maintenance allowances received and paid and attach the divorce decree
Other sources of income
You must also declare any other household income received over the last 12 months and attach documentary evidence of this income:
- Property income
- Interest from securities
- A copy of the tenancy agreement
- A copy of the last justification of rent paid
Your application should include:
- The duly completed housing allowance application form
- Supporting documents regarding the civil status of the members of the household (see above)
- Supporting documents regarding the income of the household (see above)
- Supporting documents regarding rent and household expenses (see above)
You should submit the complete application to the Human Resources and Training Department.