Applications for residence certificates for other than tax purposes must be made via the special online service. All information can be found by following this link.
Please note from Tuesday 23 January 2024, the Residents' Section will once again welcome you, by appointment, at its new premises at 9 rue Suffren-Reymond Monaco.
Understanding the process
This certificate is issued to people of foreign origin who hold a valid residence permit for the Principality of Monaco and who can prove they have a usual, principal or actual residence.
People who have lived in the Principality of Monaco for less than six months may only be issued with a residence certificate if they present documents proving exemption.
The residence certificate for tax purposes is valid for one year. It is signed by the Commissioner of Police Department or by a Police superintendent.
When this certificate is collected, an issuance fee of 600 euros must be paid in cash, by bank card or by cheque at the counter of the Residency Section.
For information concerning the issuing of a residence certificate for administrative purposes click here.
To obtain a residence certificate form for tax purposes only, you can either:
- Download it here:
- You must apply to the Residency Section by email to resident@gouv,mc or at the 1st floor of entrance B to Louis II Stadium, 2, avenue Albert II
You must provide:
- A passport or a valid identity card
- A submission from the body requesting the certificate for tax purposes
- Latest utility bill for water, electricity or gas
- Proof of income in accordance with your situation (see list below):
- Bank certificate dated within the last month
- Most recent pay slip
- Employment Agency certificate
- Recent certificate showing that you are being supported by another resident (can be downloaded here:
- If you are not the owner or tenant of your accommodation:
- A Certificate of Accommodation issued by the Police Department, to be completed and signed by the person providing the accommodation, which can be downloaded here:
Once the form has been duly completed, please send it, together with copies of the required documents, be emailed to email@example.com or by post to the following address:
DIRECTION DE LA SÛRETÉ PUBLIQUE
Division de police administrative
Section des résidents
98015 Monaco cedex
You can collect your residence certificate for tax purposes from the Residency Section by appointment only.
The Residency Section will notify you by email and/or SMS as soon as your residence certificate for tax purposes is ready. You will receive a link allowing you to make an appointment on the dedicated platform.
When you collect the certificate, a stamp duty of 600 euros must be paid in cash, by bank card or by cheque at the counter of the Residency Section.