Understanding the process
In accordance with Articles 35 to 39 of the
Sovereign Ordinance No. 7.155 of 10 October 2018 on the granting of dependency allowances to civil servant, other Government and Commune officials.
Civil servants, other Government and Commune officials, who are heads of households, who are either working or retired, registered with the State Medical Benefits Office, are entitled to an education allowance, if they have dependent children under the age of 21 and registered for the academic year in a primary, secondary or higher education establishment, and if they have collected family allowances from the State Medical Benefits Office.
The applicant must submit a certificate of school attendance.
In accordance with Articles 21 to 25 of the
Ministerial Decree no. 2018-952 of 10 October 2018 implementing the Sovereign Ordinance no. 7.155 of 10 October 2018
- Where the spouse or partner of the Civil servant, other Government and Commune staff applying for the education allowance is in paid employment and receives a similar benefit from their social security organisation or their employer:
- The applicant must send a supporting document stating the amount of this benefit to the State Medical Benefits Office before the last Friday of October of the current year
- Where the child dependent of the recipient engages in paid employment while they are studying:
- The recipient must declare this employment and the amount of associated income to the State Medical Benefits Office before the last Friday of September of the current year
- If the child takes up such employment subsequent to the payment of the education allowance:
The recipient must declare this employment and the associated income to the State Medical Benefits Office as soon as possible
You can either :
- Hand in your duly completed and signed form, together with the required documents, to the State Medical Benefits Office (SPME) between 9.30 am and 5 pm from Monday to Friday, or in it post box. No appointment is needed
- Or send your duly completed and signed form, together with the required documents to the State Medical Benefits Office by post
In the event of approval, the education allowance will be given to you directly. We will write to you only if we require further information or if your application is refused.