Understanding the process
Subsidy to take out a supplementary health insurance policy may be granted to the applicant, as well as, if applicable, to their beneficiaries, on condition that they are:
- Of Monegasque nationality, or who have been resident in the Principality on a stable or regular basis for at least five years
- Whose daily living allowance is below a ceiling set by ministerial decree
The fixed amount of this subsidy is determined by ministerial decree depending on the age of the applicant, and cannot exceed the amount of the annual fee charged by the insurance company from which the beneficiary applicant is taking out their supplementary health insurance.
- Form to be completed, signed and dated
- Photocopy of the identity card or residence permit of the applicant and members of the household
- Photocopy of student card or school attendance certificate
- Legal separation order or divorce decree for separated or divorced persons
- Pay slips and/or pension statements for everyone living in the household for the last twelve months
- Proof of any income other than professional income received over the last twelve months (rental income, work accident pension, life insurance, life annuity, widow's pension, daily sickness or maternity allowance, etc.)
- Proof of benefits received over the last 12 months (housing, family assistance, various grants)
- Certificate of income from securities and movable assets for each person over 18 living in the household (including students) for the previous calendar year, issued by the bank(s) or post office where the account(s) is/are held
- Proof of maintenance payments and contributions towards the upbringing and maintenance of children over the last twelve months
- Rent receipts or communal charges for the last twelve months
- If you are applying for exemption of the personal contribution, a medical certificate less than three months old
- Bank account details (RIB) or a certificate from the beneficiary authorising a third party to collect the reimbursements
- The request to pay the insurance premium
The form to be completed, dated and signed with supporting documents, must be submitted to the Department of Social Welfare and Social Services.
The subsidy to take out a supplementary health insurance policy is paid directly to the beneficiary for the current year.