Understanding the process
The following are entitled to this allowance:
- Civil servants who are employed by the Administration or who have been placed on secondment in another public establishment on 31 December for the current year
- Employees and other paid staff of the State and Commune who can prove at least three months of continued service on 31 December for the current year
- Retired civil servants and staff who previously worked for the State or the Commune and are primarily resident in Monaco and who are affiliated with the State Medical Benefits Office
On condition that, where the head of household works in France or in the private sector in Monaco, their household is not eligible to receive a similar allowance from another family benefits system
This allowance may be:
- An allowance for each dependent child of the insured person, where their family quotient falls into one of first five brackets established by Ministerial Decree
- A fixed allowance for:
- Insured persons with no dependent children
- Insured persons with dependent children whose family quotient is in the sixth bracket established by Ministerial Decree
Insured persons whose family quotient exceeds the ceiling are not eligible for this allowance.
Only one end-of-year allowance is paid per household.
You can either
- Hand in your duly completed and signed form, together with the required documents, to the State Medical Benefits Office (SPME) between 9.30 am and 5 pm from Monday to Friday, or in it post box. No appointment is needed
- Or send your duly completed and signed form, together with the required documents to the State Medical Benefits Office by post
In the event of approval, the end of year allowance will be given to you directly. We will write to you only if we require further information or if your application is refused.