The Monegasque State can grant aid for the purchase of an electric or hybrid-electric-petrol vehicle with CO2 emissions ≤ 98 g.
Understanding the process
Electric or hybrid-electric-petrol vehicles with CO2 emissions ≤ 98 g must meet one of the conditions listed below:
- New (no previous registration in Monaco or abroad)
- Previously registered, as a demonstration vehicle for a maximum of one year
- Fiscally new (first registration less than 6 months from the date of invoice), or less than 6,000 km for a four-wheeled vehicle or 2,000 km for a two-wheeled vehicle, tricycle, quadricycle or microcar
- Sold by a professional authorised to trade in vehicles or any financial organisation
- Who has not previously received help to buy an eco-friendly vehicle in Monaco or abroad
- Registered in Monaco or, in the case of an unregistered bicycle, owned by a resident or legal entity registered in the Principality, provided that the bicycle is:
- Without a lead battery
- Purchased from a retailer established in the European Union
- Delivered to Monaco: If delivery to Monaco is not possible, please provide proof
- Not registered in the "Provisional" series "TT", "Driving Professionals" partial or total delegation of driving "Z" "special (diplomatic)" or "Classic Car"
- Not registered in the name of the brand's dealer or agent
- Acquired within a maximum of 6 months (date of invoice or 1st instalment in the case of leasing less than 6 months on the day of application for help to buy)
See all the measures to promote ecological vehicles.
Create a file containing:
- A bank account details of the person named on the invoice
- A vehicle registration certificate or for bicycles, a valid Monegasque resident's or a double-sided identity card, or for legal entities, an extract from the Trade and Industry Registry or business registration in Monaco
- The order form (except for bicycles) and the dated invoice, in French and in Euros, for the vehicle, drawn up by a professional authorised to trade in vehicles on their letterhead paper. The invoice must include the buyer's name and address in Monaco, the product description, the base price of the vehicle excluding VAT, the amount of each option and discount, excluding VAT and in Euros, and the total price including VAT
- A translation by an official translator for invoices written in a foreign language
- Remarks to be added to the invoice for a previously registered vehicle:
- "Demonstration vehicle" if sold as a demonstration series
- "Less than 6,000 km" if the vehicle has been on the road for more than 6 months and is not sold as a demonstration vehicle
- If the cost of the battery is not included in the price of the vehicle, the invoice or battery rental contract for electric vehicles
- Lease contract and payment schedule in Euros for vehicles registered for long-term lease or hire purchase agreement
- For individuals who do not have computer hardware, the purchase assistance application form
The purchase assistance application is carried out via the MonGuichet.mc online service; individuals who do not have computer hardware should send an inquiry by post to the Department of the Environment (Article A.172-1-5 of Ministerial Decree 2023-348 of 15 June 2023).
The purchase assistance application must be made within 6 months of the vehicle's purchase, from the date of the invoice or 1st instalment (in case of long-term lease or hire purchase agreement).
To obtain the form, you can :
- Collect it from the Environment Department or the Road Permits Department.
Applications for purchase aid must be made within 6 months of acquiring the vehicle, from the date of the invoice or the 1st instalment (in the case of long-term leasing or leasing with a purchase option).
The subsidy is paid by bank transfer by the General Treasury within approximately 2 months, provided that the vehicle meets the award criteria set out in the Ministerial Decree.