In the event of the loss or theft of a professional licence, a duplicate may be requested.
Understanding the process
Professional licences cover the following activities:
- Taxi driving, chauffeur-driven vehicles, motorcycles on request, municipal shared taxis, seasonal taxis
- Land-based medical transport
- Company electronic tachograph cards
- Tachographs for driving HGVs
- Teaching driving
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see
Requests for a duplicate card must be made to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office by submitting the following documents:
- The application form for a duplicate or replacement licence, duly completed and signed on the original, this form may be:
- Downloaded online:
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
- A document proving your identity and address:
- A copy of both sides of a valid ID document (ID card or national passport)
- If the address on the proof of identity is different or no address is indicated, please attach a proof of address dated within the last 3 months (electricity bill or rent receipt)
- A document justifying the application for a duplicate or replacement:
- A report of the theft, made to the Police Department or to police services abroad
- The payment, to be made by cash, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office and Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, in accordance with the current fee schedule, available at the "Principle and conditions" step of this procedure
Any administrative procedure undertaken at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office by a third party must be accompanied by a mandate signed by the principal and by supporting documents showing proof of these persons' identities.
However, it does not allow the representative to sign the documents in place of the principal.
The documents must be written in French or be accompanied by an official translation into French by a sworn translator in Monaco or France.
A list of sworn translators in the Principality of Monaco is available from the Monaco Court of Appeal or on the website www.directory-sworn-translator.comfor sworn translators approved by the French Court of Appeal
To submit your application, you must first make an appointment with an agent of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office.
You can request an appointment in one of the following three ways:
- Online using the online service made available for this purpose
- By email to email@example.com
- By telephone on (+377) 98 98 80 14
The staff of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office will be waiting for you at the time of the appointment; you should bring with you the documents listed in steps 1 and 2 and your preferred means of payment.
You should submit the complete application without appointment to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office. A payment receipt (invoice) and a copy of the loss declaration form, if applicable, will be provided.
Your new professional licence will be sent directly by post, with acknowledgement of receipt, to the address stated on the form.