Understanding the process
The request must be sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office using the appropriate form, duly completed and signed on the original.
The form may be:
- Downloaded online:
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
The request must be accompanied by the following documents:
- For Monegasque nationals:
- A copy of a valid Monaco national identity card
- Or a copy of a valid national passport with proof of address (gas or electricity bill from the SMEG, rental agreement) dated of less than 3 months
- For residents: a copy of a valid residence permit
- For legal entities:
- The articles of association/ministerial authorisation to operate a business in the Principality + certificate of listing in the NIS (statistical identification number) register dated of less than 3 months
- Or A copy of an extract from the Trade and Industry Registry dated of less than 3 months
- The payment, to be made by Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office and cash, in accordance with the current fee schedule
Any administrative procedure undertaken at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office by a third party must be accompanied by a mandate signed by the principal and by supporting documents showing proof of these persons' identities.
The mandate allows the representative to submit and track the progress of the principal’s application, but not to sign documents instead of the principal.
To submit your application, you must first make an appointment with an agent of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office.
You can request an appointment in one of the following three ways:
- Online, using the online servicemade available for this purpose
- By email to email@example.com
- By telephone on (+377) 98 98 80 14
The staff of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office will be waiting for you at the time of the appointment; you should bring with you the documents listed in steps 1 and 2 and your preferred means of payment.
You can find all the information about making an appointment with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office by following this link
The car sticker to replace the damaged one will be handed over on the day on which the application is submitted, once the application has been accepted.