Understanding the process
There are 5 types of honorary distinctions:
- Medals of the Order of Saint Charles
- Medals of the Order of the Grimaldi
- Medals of the Order of Cultural Merit
- Medals for Physical Education and Sports
- Long Service Medals
Nominations can be made each year between april and june.
For 2023, nominations can be made from 29 March and by:
- 26 May for people of any nationality other than Monégasque or French for medals of the Order of Saint Charles, Order of the Grimaldi and Order of Cultural Merit
- 2 June in other cases
The awarding of honorary distinctions takes place every year in november, as part of the National Day.
Once the form is submitted, a reference number will appear confirming that your proposal has been taken into account.
The notices for discounts decorations are sent in late October early November.