Understanding the process
The Lycée Rainier III offers a Brevet de Technicien Supérieur en Management Hôtellerie-Restauration with 3 options:
- Management of a catering unit
- Management of a culinary production unit
- Management of an accommodation unit
An access course (MAN) is also offered for students who have completed a general Secondary Education diploma or Technological Secondary Education diploma other than the Technological Secondary Education diploma in Hospitality and Catering Management (STHR).
This procedure enables candidates, or their legal guardian, if the candidate is a minor, to submit an application file in order to join the Brevet de Technicien Supérieur en Management Hôtellerie-Restauration, or the access course, at the start of the 2024-2025 academic year.
If the candidate's application is approved, he or she will be invited for an interview at our premises. At the end of this interview, if the applicant is successful, you will be asked to confirm the candidate's enrolment in the Lycée Rainier III for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- 17 January 2024: activation of the online service for submitting applications
- 3 April 2024: deadline for submitting applications
- From 15 April to May 2024: holding of admission interviews at the lycée Rainier III, English level interviews for the BTS Management in Hotels and Catering and the Access Course
- 27 May 2024: the results of the selection committee
- From 3 to 15 June 2024: 2nd application phase
The supporting documents to be provided with regard to this process are:
- Copies of the termly (or half-yearly) school reports for the current and previous school years. The report for the third term of the current year will need to be sent during final enrolment
- A certificate of employment for the legal guardian(s), or any other document proving their employment
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae for the candidate
- A cover letter for the candidate
- A document showing the recommendation of the class teacher and head teacher at the candidate’s current school:
- A copy of the diploma obtained (Baccalaureate). This is optional with regard to this process but must be sent at the time of final enrolment
- If the candidate is a minor:
- A letter from the second legal guardian authorising the candidate to attend school in Monaco
- For divorced or separated parents, the court ruling on child custody - Only the first and last pages of the ruling need to be sent with this application
To obtain the application file you can collect it from the Lycée Rainier III.
The application must be submitted between 17 January 2024 and 3 April 2024 inclusive.