Some advice for eco-friendly travel.
- I avoid printing out travel documents by saving them on my laptop or tablet. If I need to, I pick up some information from the tourist information office or the hotel.
- While packing, I keep in mind that more weight equals a bigger carbon footprint. Put simply, I travel light.
- I offset my emissions through Monaco Carbon Offsetting: www.fpa2.org/compensez.php
- Once I’ve reached my destination, I get around on foot or using public transport. I opt for soft mobility and intermodal transport wherever possible.
- I choose a certified hotel and I limit consumption by only having my sheets and towels changed when necessary.
- I opt for organic and local food wherever these options are available.
- When I’m at the beach or in the sea, I make sure I don’t leave any rubbish and I use non-chemical and biodegradable sunscreen products. See: Let's be Eco-Responsible at the Beach!
- Even on holiday, I still sort waste wherever I can.