Understanding the process
You have the option of cancelling the "contrat habitation-capitalisation" and obtaining a capital payment corresponding to the sums invested in the execution of this contract.
The capital payment can be requested at any time.
You must provide the State Property Authority with the following documents:
- A request for payment presented on plain, unheaded paper, addressed to the State Property Authority by registered letter with a request for confirmation of receipt, mentioning the circumstances in which the right to capital payment is being exercised
- A copy of your valid ID card or passport
- A complete copy of your birth certificate
- A copy of your family record booklet
- A certificate of nationality for people of Monegasque nationality
- Bank or post office details in the form of an RIB
You must also provide, depending on your situation:
- In the case of death: a complete copy of the death certificate of the title holder and a certificate of heredity issued by the registry office stating the descendants of the deceased title holder
- In the case of divorce: a copy of the final ruling pronouncing the divorce of the couple
- In the case of unemployment: all the documents proving loss of employment following illness, a serious accident, invalidity, insolvency of the employer or dismissal for economic reasons, job cuts or downsizing
- If the applicant is not the occupier when the application is made: proof of agreement of the occupier
- The State Property Authority can also request further proof from any persons who claim the right to benefit from the capital