Understanding the process
The "contrat habitation-capitalisation" enables you to acquire life tenancy of a State-owned apartment by repaying a loan to the Monegasque State.
A personalised contract is drawn up with the State Property Authority according to your situation.
You should contact the State Property Authority so that it can draw up a personalised "habitation - capitalisation" contract offer, which will include the following information:
- The type of contract
- Its length
- The options regarding its term
- People benefiting from the contract
- The situation of the spouse who is not a title holder
- Events that could affect the contract
- A description of the apartment and the habitable surface area
You can also initiate this procedure via the "Mon Espace Domaines" extranet.
You can find all the information relating to "Mon Espace Domaines" by following this link
When the "habitation-capitalisation" contract has been agreed, you must provide the State Property Authority with the following supporting documents:
- Proof of housing insurance
- A sworn declaration stating that neither you nor your spouse are owners of a dwelling in the Principality that corresponds to your housing needs
- A sworn declaration certifying that all the information that you are providing to the State Property Authority is correct
- A cheque for the amount of your personal contribution or the total amount of the price of the "habitation-capitalisation" contract if you are paying in cash
You must provide supporting documents for the people who make up your household who can legally benefit from the contract:
- An individual or family document showing their civil status
- A complete copy of their valid ID card (recto verso) or passport
- A certificate of Monegasque nationality
- If relevant, a certificate of pregnancy
You must also provide proof of income for the people who can legally benefit from the contract:
- A copy of the last twelve payslips
- A declaration of income from securities and movable assets for the previous calendar year, provided by your banking establishment
- Extracts or copies of any existing loan contracts
- Bank details in the form of a bank or post office RIB
- The direct debit authorisation form duly completed
- For traders and company shareholders: a balance sheet and statement of business accounts by activity prepared by a chartered accountant or a certified accountant in the Principality for the last year of operation or trading of the business or company and an additional certificate by activity, established by an chartered accountant, detailing the contributions and withdrawals made personally
- For the liberal professions: a sworn declaration of the amount of income earned in the past twelve months
You should submit the complete application to the State Property Authority (contact details above). Your application should be addressed to the State Property Authority, it must be sent by recorded delivery with confirmation of receipt within a maximum deadline of three months from the date of the offer by the State Property Authority.